I am SO excited about this post…like SO EXCITED!! I have been on the hunt for a standing desk and one that didn’t look like it came from the dark shadows of the earth. (HA, but really..have you seen some standing desks? They are not cute!) Well, this one is (clearly, as you can see in the pics) and I am thrilled to be able to share with you more about this incredible standing desk, its company and more!
Me, in my office/sunroom/studio/green beauty mecca? (LOL but really…)
I was pretty stoked when I found FULLY, and then (let’s be real) even more stoked when they mentioned collaborating (product was gifted) with me! I don’t know if you understand the standing desk..but it’s revolutionary. Especially to me! Remember my little desk, with my small little uncomfortable chair that made me basically reenact the Hunchback of Notre Dame? (But really lol…!) It was causing all kinds of problems for me; back issues, neck issues, cramping, headaches, pinched nerves..ugh. HORRIBLE! Even after having purchased a laptop stand and using my external keyboard I had hooked up, on my lap…I was still in pain. I started doing a bit of research on standing desks and stumbled upon Fully’s line of desks and chairs. DING DING DING! We have a winner! And…let’s be real, how AMAZING does it look in my new sunroom/studio/office space?! I am so obsessed with its location and the setup was a breeze! (Click photos below to enlarge)
Fully’s standing desks are rated #1. Not just by their statement alone, but BY MINE. In my book, they take the cake. You can read a bit about the company and their mission HERE. I own the Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk and good heavens, it’s pretty to look at. Plus, it’s customizable and fully sustainable with its bamboo components! But let’s get to the reeeeeally good part, and the reason why I wanted a standing desk: to get me from achy/crampy and crouched to standing, moving and loving my workspace and life…
When we are fully in our bodies, a better version of us shows up. We feel more, we make better decisions, we’re a good force for those around us. — David Kahl, founder
How could you not love that quote!? The main idea behind Fully is pretty simple: Movement is good. When you move, when you are fully in your body, you feel more present, engaged, and alive. More of you shows up to work, to relationships, to life. I couldn’t agree more with Fully! Being able to stand up (or sit down, if I wish) is amazing! The anti-fatigue mat makes it easy to fidget around – yes this kind of fidgeting is good…if only our childhood school teachers knew back then!
The different ways you can stand on the Topo Anti-Fatigue Mat. I like to call this one “The Edge”
The one is “Eagles Wings” LOL (literally making these up as I type..)
So what makes the Jarvis standing desk so special? Well, for one, it’s a high-quality desk that looks beautiful, inspires movement, and is fully adjustable and customizable. (Checking all of those off of the list!) They also make a variety of standing desks, including a kid’s standing desk! Um, yes. I love you. I’m already a huge advocate for spinal care/health and posture, so this makes me so happy to see that they’re starting young!
My desk is a Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk with a 60″ x 30” Contour Top and a White Frame. It also has a 48″ Jarvis Desk Shelf in white and came with White WireTamer Management Trays, a HAG Capisco Puls Chair in Sprint Pink with White Frame and White Footring and a Standard Topo Anti-fatigue Mat in Gray.
The desk also has the following options:
- Contour is available on 48″, 60″, and 72″ tops
- Rectangle style is available in all sizes.
HAG Capisco Puls Chair
The HAG Capisco Puls Chair is really neat in that it is not only the cutest, (that pink tho) but it is incredibly versatile and boy, does it ever make the typical ergonomic chair look bad. This human-inspired design has countless ways to sit in it, which will give you the just-right feeling at an adjustable height standing desk. It has a modernized molded polyurethane seat and back, made out of recycled household plastic in its parts and recycled car bumpers in its foam padding. (I FREAKING LOVE IT!) For the seat, I had two options: just a strip of padding at the seat’s center (Puls), or fully upholstered (Puls Plus). You know I had to have the extra comfort, so Puls Plus (say that ten times quickly) was my pick! Another cool aspect to the Puls is that it has a slimmer saddle (than the original Capisco chair) that allows you to sit with your legs closer together, and it’s pleasantly affordable too!
As you can clearly see, by my raving whenever I write about their use of recycled materials – I love that Fully, to build Jarvis, worked with environmentally conscious, employee-owned factories, wood recyclers, and bamboo growers. I mean, how freaking’ great is that?!
Here are some extra specs of the Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk:
- Material harvested by hand preserving root structure
- We use Moso (Mao Zhu) species bamboo, sourced from sustainable forests
- European E1-level glues; German wear-resistant UV coating
And because Fully is all about making an active work-life available to as many people as possible, they’ve made sure their products are accessible by keeping them totally affordable! The Jarvis has already become the best selling adjustable-height standing desk on the market, and rightfully so!
There are 4 presets you can manually input so that whenever you press the number, the adjusted height is saved! I.e. if Davey was at 45.9 and I was at 35.8…I’d set him to 2 and my height preset to 1 and then when he’s done using it (not that he does lolol), I’d press 1 and it’d return to my recorded height. Hopefully, that makes sense and wasn’t too confusing! ;)
This desk and everything about it is so good. I can’t wait to continue using it and update you soon with my thoughts on how my posture and back/pinch nerves issues are improving! It’s all about that posture baby!
A few extra tidbits that I love so much about FULLY:
They’re B Corp Certified. I’ll repost how they’d shared it: We appreciate that the B Corp certification is rigorous, and encompasses every aspect of our business from our internal HR to the practices of our supply chain. As a certified B Corp, we commit to:
- No or lowest possible Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). We seek out materials that don’t require glues or sealants. When a sealant is necessary, it must meet the strictest global VOC emissions standard. Our laminate and powder coat Jarvis desktops are Greenguard certified and our bamboo desktop outperforms all emission standards on the market.
- Sustainability is part of everything we do—And we’re always trying to improve our sustainable practices in designing, manufacturing, packaging, and shipping all of our products. For example, our bamboo Jarvis desktops are made from sustainably harvested bamboo that matures in only 4-5 years while our Greenguard laminate and powder coated Jarvis desktops are built from scrap wood fibers. The plastic on the HAG Capisco chair comes from car bumpers, earning it the 2015 European Best Recycled Plastic Product award. From opening an east coast distribution center that cuts down on our carbon footprint, to finding a second life for our product packaging, and even composting our coffee grinds several coffee pots a day, sustainability is just inherently ingrained in every aspect of our company culture.
- Healthy workplaces. We choose partners who go beyond a safe and fair workplace—who prioritize the wellbeing and engagement of their people. We partner with suppliers from the US, Scandinavia, and Asia, and are proud of their lean manufacturing practices, exceptional quality, women’s leadership, and employee ownership opportunities.
If that doesn’t get you excited, I don’t know what will! I love what they do, and the FULLY team!
With alllllll that being said, I’m pretty sure you’re really stoked to see my full VIDEO review up on my Youtube Channel! ;) It sums up exactly how I feel about my Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk, and then some! I also have a highlight up on my Instagram Profile labeled “#deskcandy” (<— CLICK), a sort of a fun take on “What’s On My Desk” where I share my new packages and products on the gorgeous bamboo desktop!
Hope you enjoy! Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions and if you’ve tried a standing desk before!
Follow FULLY on social:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTAD7xGtkQdKUmU5vbPnhVg (they make the cutest/coolest vids!)
This post is an unpaid sponsorship with Fully. The products seen in photos above were sent to me to review and keep. As always, all thoughts expressed are honest and unique to my personal experience. FULL DISCLOSURE HERE.