So, we know that most conventional lip balm products are full of toxic ingredients, they contain several endocrine disruptors (parabens, BHT, and chemical sunscreens), coal tar dyes linked to cancer, artificial fragrance and flavor, and petroleum-derived oils which in turn lock in all that toxicity. Growing up, my mum always kept those Carmex lip pots around and I was obsessed with them! I wore that stuff all the time. Little did I know that they contain horrible ingredients, including phenol. Phenol is prohibited in the use of cosmetics in Japan and Canada. The European Union has classified it as “toxic by inhalation, skin contact & ingestion; possible risk of irreversible effects.” The reason being, it is a neurotoxin (a toxin affecting the nerve cells) and is toxic in low doses, beside having an accumulative effect. However, the FDA has deemed phenol as “safe for general use”…..but then again the FDA deems a lot of terrible things “safe”. Nope. Not gonna fly.
What to use to soothe, moisturize and pamper our lips? I mean, I want baby bottom smooth lips, I dunno about you. Well, I finally found one of my favourite lip balm products…maybe ever. Henné Organics Lip Balms are fully made from 100% organic and natural ingredients, they’re cruelty-free and they nourish and hydrate my lips for hours on hours. Their packaging – a luxurious Miron Violet glass packaging (great for increasing the shelf life of the lip balm and prolonging its potency) – is suuuuper chic and fancy, while still being sustainable.
Henné’s vision is to become a high end body care brand for the modern woman.
“We want to reintroduce a splash of luxury into the mundane. A modern and minimalistic approach that replaces the standard lip balm with something extraordinary. A lot of the higher end natural products are also actually not very natural at all. We want to show that beauty and skincare products can be high end and organic. This is why we got USDA organic certification right off the bat. Initially we are just focusing on the organic lip balm, but we plan to launch future products that fall within the skincare/body care category.”
They’re definitely on the right track with the most amazing lip balm I’ve ever used! I seriously cannot get enough of it! I keep on on my nightstand next to my bed (for before bed, and in the morning…or whenever I need it.) and one in my purse! Not only do I love this lip balm, I loooove their ingredients. Check out the full list of what these balms are made of, and explanations of their benefits below!
- Coconut Oil- This ultra hydrating oil repairs and softens dry lips, retains the moisture content of the skin and also happens to be an incredible antioxidant. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin infections.
- Avocado Oil- Avocado oil helps relieve dry and itchy skin. It also increases collagen production, which keeps the lips plump and decreases the effects of aging.
- Shea Butter– Shea butter is deeply moisturizing and naturally rich in Vitamins A, E and F. It also provides UV protection and strengthens the skin.
- Cocoa Butter- Cocoa butter not only smells amazing but is also considered by many as the ultimate natural moisturizer. This wonderful ingredient not only gives you soft and kissable lips but its antioxidants can even reduce the appearance of scars, burns and stretch marks.
- Beeswax- Beeswax is a great natural alternative to the artificial and often petroleum-based chemicals added to many lip balms. It contains anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe easily irritated skin, and the Vitamin A in beeswax provides long-term moisture in the skin.
- Jojoba Oil- Jojoba oil has become one of the most popularly used organic components in beauty products, and for good reason. With its antibacterial qualities, jojoba oil reduces skin bacteria by unblocking pores. The oil also has a high quantity of ceramides which handles skin cells and maintains skin hydration.
- Vitamin E- Vitamin E oil is extremely effective in getting rid of dry or chapped lips, and it not only protects your lips from sun damage but can also be used to heal minor sunburns. It also helps prolong the shelf life of our lip balm, ensuring that you can use the product longer.
If you’re keen on trying out this awesome balm, you can try out Henné Organics with the 25% off promo code: HULLOSAM at checkout! So, whatcha waiting for? Go forth and SHOP HERE!
You can also find Henné Organics on:
Snow Mantled Love – Trying To Be Found
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/74236083″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]