If you can, be outside this weeked! Plant some flowers or a tree! Ride your bike, carpool to reduce your carbon footprint..reduce, reuse and recycle! (It’s still a thing! I remember learning all about it in elementary school lol!) Be thankful for this beautiful planet earth we live on and make sure to treat it kindly!
Some other great tips:
- Stop the Junk Mail – check out the app Paperkarma as an easy way to reduce waste and access in your mailbox. Might help your budget as well.
- Recycle – not just trash through your waste service but also clothes. Donate gently used items to Goodwill or consignment shops (don’t forget about online consignment shops like ThredUp.com). If the clothes are too worn, send them to a textile recycler or check out services near you onEarth 911
- Reduce and Reuse – before you recycle make sure you are reducing and reusing. Reduce and reuse of reusable water bottles, coffee mugs, shopping bags, and straws. Be sure to include affiliates to all your favorites
- Support companies who have sustainable practices
- Use earth friendly cleaning and lawn products. Branch Basics makes amazing household cleaning products! And high acidity vinegar is meant to an amazing weed killer!
- Pay your bills online. Did you know switching to online-only invoices for your bills saves millions of trees a year? Added bonus – no more paper cuts.
- Plant a tree. Plant a tree in your own backyard or better yet join an organization to plant multiple trees.
- Leave the car at home. Can you use public transportation, bike or walk to work or school? If yes, you are making huge steps to protecting our planet
In celebration of this Earth Day weekend, I also wanted to share with you some great Earth Day sales going on!
AILLEA BEAUTY: Customers can bring in their toxic products and get 3% off per product (up to 15% total) to swap out for clean, non-toxic AILLEA brands! It’s the perfect time to truly clean up one’s beauty routine. Those interested can trade in their products for an AILLEA discount at any of the 5 AILLEA locations – 2 in Denver, 1 in Atlanta, 1 in Charleston and 1 in Raleigh.
For those not located in one of those states, you can simply shop online and still receive a discount: Use code EARTH10 for 10% off orders over $50. Use code EARTH15 for 15% off orders over $100. Valid until: April 19-22, 2019.
AMAZON WAREHOUSE: Earth week over at Amazon Warehouse! 20% off used and refurbished electronics! HELLO.
AU NATURALE: Use code ‘CORAL‘ for a FREE Gala lip slick with every order and 10% off with every order over $50 PLYS free shipping! 10% of ALL site orders go to the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation. Valid until: April 18-22, 2019 (12AM)
BERKEY FILTERS: Berkey has joined the Plastic Pollution Coalition! The Plastic Pollution Coalition’s mission is “to stop plastic pollution and its toxic impact on humans, animals, and the environment”. This mission aligns with their goals to cut back on single-use plastics, like water bottles! One way to cut back on single-use plastics.
CHOOSY CHICK: Use code “EARTHDAYBAG” to receive an Eco Bag ($57 value) filled with Eco Beauty FREE with any $100 purchase! Limited quantity – code will only work while stock lasts.*
This eco-friendly bag is made by BLUE Q from recycled plastics and is fully recyclable.
Here’s what’s inside:
• ORGAID Sheet Mask
• MOA Dreamy Mineral Soak Bath Soak
• GingerChi Mini Jade roller for under eyes
• MUN: Anarose Hydrating Facial Toner (travel size .34 oz)
• Innersense: Deep Conditioning Treatment or other Hair Treatment sample
• 100% Pure Bright Eyes Eye Gels (single pack).
*One per customer. Purchase must equal $100 prior to shipping and taxes to qualify. Limited quantity – code will be deactivated when we run out. Express Checkouts (Apple Pay, Google Pay): To enter codes, you must click “show order summary” prior to finalizing order.
CRUNCHI COSMETICS: When you spend over $100 today with Crunchi, they’ll be donating $5 towards 5 Gyres reducing plastic pollution in our oceans!
DETOX MARKET: No code necessary! Sale Details: 10% off orders over $100 / 15% off orders over $200 / 15% off orders over $300 & get a FREE Pai Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream ($55 value) (while supplies last). Valid until: April 19 – 22, 2019 at midnight PST.
FIG & FLOWER NATURAL BEAUTY: Use code “EDAY19” for 15% off all purchases. Valid until: April 19-22, 2019.
GOOD MEDICINE BEAUTY LAB: Use code “EARTH25” for 25% off site wide. Valid until: April 22, 2019.
LEAHLANI SKINCARE: Use code “ALOHAEARTH“for 10% off everything (including collection items!). 5% of proceeds will be going to The Surfrider Foundation! Valid until: April 22, 2019.
OSMIA will be planting two trees for every order placed on Earth Day!
PROVINCE APOTHECARY: Use code “EARTH19” for 20% off their Regenerating + Stimulating Exfoliator and their Detoxifying + Clarifying Clay Mask. Valid until: April 17-23, 2019 (11:59PM EST).
WEST ELM: Up to 60% off markdowns,40% off coffee/side tables, and bedding, 30% off wall art, mirrors + more, and 25% off rugs. Valid until: Monday, April 22, 2019.
What are some things you’re doing to love on our planet and make the Earth a greener place?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I receive a percentage of commission if any products are purchased through them. As always, these are brands/products I have used personally, believe in and support. Receiving a sample(s) of any of the above products in no way influences my opinions. Thank you for supporting me, hullosam, through your purchases. :)