HAPPY EARTH DAY!
If you can, be outside today! Plant some flowers or a tree! Ride your bike, carpool to reduce your carbon footprint..reduce, reuse and recycle! (It’s still a thing! I remember learning all about it in elementary school!) Be thankful for this beautiful planet earth we live on and make sure to treat it kindly!
Some other great tips:
- Stop the Junk Mail – check out the app Paperkarma as an easy way to reduce waste and access in your mailbox. Might help your budget as well.
- Recycle – not just trash through your waste service but also clothes. Donate gently used items to Goodwill or consignment shops (don’t forget about online consignment shops like ThredUp.com). If the clothes are too worn, send them to a textile recycler or check out services near you on Earth 911
- Reduce and Reuse – before you recycle make sure you are reducing and reusing. Reduce and reuse of reusable water bottles, coffee mugs, shopping bags, and straws. Be sure to include affiliates to all your favorites
- Support companies who have sustainable practices
- Use earth friendly cleaning and lawn products. Branch Basics makes amazing household cleaning products! And high acidity vinegar is meant to an amazing weed killer!
- Pay your bills online. Did you know switching to online-only invoices for your bills saves millions of trees a year? Added bonus – no more paper cuts.
- Plant a tree. Plant a tree in your own backyard or better yet join an organization to plant multiple trees.
- Leave the car at home. Can you use public transportation, bike or walk to work or school? If yes, you are making huge steps to protecting our planet
In celebration of today, I also wanted to share with you some great Earth Day sales going on!
Aillea is having their third annual Earth Day Beauty Swap! If you’re near any of the Aillea Beauty locations, trade in your toxic products for clean alternatives and you’ll receive up to 15% off your purchase! Clean beauty experts will be on hand at each location to help you make the switch and #cleanyourroutine!
If you can’t make it in store? Stock up and save on your favorites:
- “EARTH10” for 10% off $100
- “EARTH20” for 15% off $200
Product pick: My favourite bronzer/contour shade by Lily Lolo “Miami Beach“!
Shop sustainable essentials and save UP TO 25% OFF sitewide.
- “EARTHLOVE15” for 15% off
- “EARTHLOVE20” for 20% off $250 or more,
- “EARTHLOVE25” for 25% off $350 or more.
End date: Monday, April 23, 2018
Product picks: VEJA Olive Multi Holiday Canvas Low Top Sneaker
Use code “EARTHDAY2018” to save 15% on your purchase and Antonym will donate 15% to Earthday Network. End date: Monday, April 23, 2018
Product pick: I freaking love their Certified Natural Eye Pencil in Noir! It lasts all day and smudges like a dream (yes, I love a smudgy black liner for that lived in/grunge look!)
Use code “PLANETEER” for 20% off. Valid on all products including the new Spring Collection. Valid until: Sunday, April 22, 2018, at midnight.
*For the entire month of April, Au Naturale will donate 10% of its profits to Nature Conservancy
Product pick: Their newest Spring Collection is amaaaaazing!
Berkey has joined the Plastic Pollution Coalition! The Plastic Pollution Coalition’s mission is “to stop plastic pollution and its toxic impact on humans, animals, and the environment”. This mission aligns with our goals to cut back on single-use plastics, like water bottles! One way to cut back on single-use plastics…
Earn $20 credit for every $100 you spend. End date: Sunday, April 22, 2018
*5% of sales this weekend will be donated to the Arbor Foundation to plant 10 trees for every $10 donated.
Product pick: I highly recommend my favourite CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm! I use it on my lips, cuticles, dry patches on the face…you name it!
No code necessary! Sale Details:
- 10% off $100
- 15% off $200
- 15% off $300 & get a FREE Odacité Wild Carrot Serum Concentrate, a $55 value (while supplies last)
End date: Sunday, April 22 at midnight PST
Use code “EARTHDAY” to purchase a mattress with a new organic cotton mattress protector (mattress protectors must be on order). Available as long as there’s inventory. End date: Monday, April 23, 2018
Product pick: We love our Natural Escape Mattress! THE comfiest organic mattress!
What are some things you’re doing to love on our planet and make the Earth a greener place?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I receive a percentage of commission if any products are purchased through them. As always, these are brands/products I have used personally, believe in and support. Receiving a sample(s) of any of the above products in no way influences my opinions. Thank you for supporting me, hullosam, through your purchases. :)