Hey guys, it’s been a busy weekend…we’re back at Monday and without further adieu, here is your Monday Playlist!
Hey guys! Welcome to my special Tuesday post, which I’m super excited about! My Nashville friend, Devan Dubois (with Sensibility Music) just released a new full-length album today called “Le Fou” and it’s amazing! Truly a work of art. It’s currently available on iTunes, and you all should go buy it.
Devan, not too long ago, was featured in Nylon Magazine, along with his LONG LIVE music video which you can view below. Want some more info and background on him? Well, he was also interviewed in UK’s Far Out Magazine, which can be read here aaaaand he was interviewed in BEAT Magazine, which can be read heeeere!
So basically, I shouldn’t need to write or say much – cus the articles, and especially his music, will do the talking. All in all, he is a friend of many talents. A visual and musical kaleidoscope, if you will. Nylon said it best in their article:
“You can’t deny that black and white music videos add a level of cool, but when you pair that with some trippy visuals, your eyes will be glued to the screen. His southern roots shine through as his folky guitar rhythms are accompanied by some hip-hop drums– two styles we love and go perfectly together.“
So, here you go. Watch it. Love it. Buy it. Share it. Thank you! Xo
LONG LIVE music video:
Hey everyone! Boy, this year has been insane for new music and discovering rad artists/bands. I love it. It’s one of my favourite things to do…hence why I even created this music blog – to be able to share with you some of my favourite bands, artists, songs and videos.
That being said, I wanted to do a special post today about some of the up and coming bands you should definitely be on the lookout for. Either they’re brand spankin’ new, just recorded a new album, have new material comin’ atcha, or they’re just a band I hadn’t discovered and want to mention in this list. So, here they are:
1. Vinyl Thief – This Nashville-based band is a fave at the moment. This electro-rock band started up round 2012 with their Rebel Hill EP. They were featured in Paste Magazine as “A Band You Should Listen to Now” – and gosh, Paste was no where near wrong with that statement. The band creates music that, to me, is so mesmerizingly catchy, you’re sure to be latched on in no time. One of my favourite songs from their new album “Fathoms” is “Smooth” (<–Click to listen on SoundCloud). I wish sometimes I was still back in Nashville to catch them playing live! (One can hope they’ll come to Charlotte soon enough though!) The band is – Grayson Proctor (vocals, synth), Logan Purdom (guitar), Sam English (keys), & Andrew Broadway (drums). | Check out their Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud and Youtube.
2. YØUTH – I’ve already raved enough about this talent-of-wonder, Julian Dente..so I won’t say too much more. My favourite track right now is “Breathing Easy” (<– Click to listen on SoundCloud). But seriously, expect nothing but sheer talent and amazing music to be created by this guy. I can’t wait for more songs to be released, new music videos, tour dates..the whole lot of it. BE ON THE LOOKOUT, for real. | Check out his Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud and YouTube.
3. Katie Deter – This young Birmingham, Alabama-native is definitely a unique talent. Her folky, somewhat bluegrass sounds and sweet, girly vocals lend a whimsical, relaxing and endearing quality to her music. She is simple, honest and gentle in her lyrics, with an innocence about her, and yet there’s a touch of sass to them as well. Just take a listen as she sings about love, growing up, and yes, the DMV – you’ll get what I’m talking about. I can’t seem to choose a fave, they’re all so awesome – so, here ya go…listen to the whole “Brooklyn Sessions” here. | Check out her Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
4. VÉRITÉ – I just recently discovered this phenomenal band from New York. At the moment they only have one single out called “Strange Enough” (<–Click to listen on SoundCloud) and I can’t seem to get it out of my head. Just take a listen and you’ll see what I mean. So, all this being said…make sure you’re watching for their next move, cus if the music they’re creating is as half as good as this single…it’s gonna be epic. | Check out their Instagram, Twitter, and SoundCloud.
5. Keaton Henson – Oh boy, oh boy! I have so many wonderful things to say about this UK-based artist. Henson’s songs are beautifully written, with lyrics that will crush you or uplift you. Amazingly enough, within these songs – that are pretty much ‘sung to the floor’ – they manage to lift listeners up somewhere around the heavens and make you feel all the emotions. Whatever Henson put emotionally into his songs, you’re going to feel it. His thin, tremulous voice, accompanied by either his clean-toned electric or 12-string acoustic guitar (and maybe occasionally accompanied by a cellist) make for an almost discomfortingly naked emotion in his music – the best kind, though. His sound reminds me of a cross-breed between Manchester Orchestra, Bombay Bicycle Club (ballads) and Sleeping At Last – so what’s not to love?! My favourite tracks by him are “Strawbear“, “Charon“, “You” and “Sweetheart, What Have You Done To Us” (<–Click to listen on SoundCloud). (OH, and his music videos are the best!) | Check out Henson’s Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube, Tumblr and Vimeo.
And last but not least..
6. The Dream Walking Society – They’re not an artist or a band, they’re a musical collaboration project by Igor + André, founded by my Tyler, TX pal Tim Frost & Danny Roberts. Here’s a little blurb of what they do:
“The goal of the Dream Walking Society is to embrace the age of digital communication and to collaborate, experiment, and explore making music with musicians all over the world. The theme of each of our projects corresponds with the up and coming book series by Igor + André. Each album will act as a soundtrack to each book.“
I personally think it is a brilliant idea. A fresh, new take on music. And, again, something to be aware of and on the lookout for new projects, ideas and collabs. Also, the guys are always looking to collaborate, so if you are a musician interested in being a part of their projects, or if you are a director wanting to direct a music video, you can contact Tim Frost at Tim@thedreamwalkingsociety.com. | Check out their Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud, Youtube and Tumblr.
A few others that are super rad and you should definitely keep an eye and ear out for are: I Know The Chief, 1987, The Naked Eye, Phoria, Molly Beanland, Prismic Delight, Rare Monk, Elliot Moss, Cairo Fire, and Alvvays. (A few tracks for you to check out below from some of the mentioned bands linked.)
So, there you have it. I hope you enjoyed reading, listening and spending time with me today for this massive post! Make sure you check these bands and artists all out, and again…hawk eyes for these talented musicians. You don’t wanna skip a beat.
Hello wonderful music-lovin’ people! This past week while I had downtime at the beach during Hurricane Arthur, I spent many hours looking up new music, bands, songs, videos, etc etc. Annnnnd well, I found a TON! I mean, like, a lot! So much so, I was almost overwhelmed. But, a good overwhelmed. I just love discovering new music – it does my heart some good.
So, get ready, cus some of these songs are my new faves. I especially love Mononoke. Check our the playlist, and as usual…share it with friends, but most of all, enjoy!! Xo
This weeks playlist is mostly really beautiful vocals, some folk, and then maybe a random song or two that aren’t at all what you’d think would be in this playlist..haha. I am really loving Julie Byrne right now, her voice is angelic – definitely listen to more of her stuff if you get a chance!
Have a wonderful Monday!